Veneers in Jacksonville, FL
Cosmetic dentistry has become a very useful tooth for those looking to ameliorate the appearance of their health and teeth. It goes much beyond aesthetics, as services such as veneers help to enrich your oral health by providing enough support for things such as biting, chewing, and speaking.
The expert team of Mandarin Dentistry of Jacksonville, FL is proud to serve their local community with cosmetic dentistry services, such as holistic veneer solutions, to have you looking and feeling your best at all times.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that is attached to the front surface of the teeth. They are used to improve the appearance of the teeth and can be an effective solution for a variety of cosmetic dental issues.
Veneers are a popular choice as their color can often be made to match the natural appearance of your other teeth. When combined with other services, such as teeth whitening, you can reduce years of discoloration down to a minimal amount, or even eliminate it overall.
What are the Main Benefits of Veneers?
Veneers offer several benefits for those looking to improve the appearance of their teeth. They can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic issues, and are durable and low maintenance. If you are considering veneers, it is important to consult with the professional team at Mandarin Dentistry of Jacksonville, FL to determine if they are the right solution for you.
One of the main benefits of veneers is their ability to improve the appearance of the teeth. Veneers can be used to cover a variety of cosmetic issues, including chips, cracks, gaps, and discoloration. They can also be used to correct misaligned or uneven teeth, giving you a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing smile.
Veneers are made of durable materials such as porcelain or composite resin and are designed to withstand the wear and tear of everyday life. With proper care, veneers can last for many years, and may even be more durable than natural teeth. Of course, your dentist will always aim to preserve your natural tooth as much as possible, as a tooth without infection, chips, or complications is much stronger and easier to care for than its porcelain counterparts.
Comparatively Low Maintenance
Veneers require minimal maintenance and can be cared for in the same way as natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing, as well as regular visits to the dentist, can help to keep your veneers looking their best. Veneers are also resistant to staining, so you don’t need to worry about your veneers becoming discolored over time.
How Should I Care for My Veneers?
If you have veneers, it is important to take good care of them to ensure that they last as long as possible. Here are some tips on how to properly care for your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day: Proper oral hygiene is essential for maintaining the health of your teeth and veneers. Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Brushing helps to remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease. It also improves the already tough resistance of your new veneers.
- Floss daily: In addition to brushing, it is important to floss daily to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth and along the gumline. Be gentle when flossing around your veneers, as excessive pressure could damage them. Your oral hygienist at Mandarin Dentistry of Jacksonville, FL will show you how to properly perform this action.
- Use mouthwash or oral rinse: Mouthwash can help to kill bacteria and freshen your breath, making it an important part of your oral hygiene routine. Just be sure to use a mouthwash that is gentle and alcohol-free, as alcohol-based mouthwashes can dry out your mouth and increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Avoid abrasive toothpaste: Abrasive toothpaste can be tough on your veneers, causing them to become dull and scratch over time. To protect your veneers, it is important to use a non-abrasive toothpaste that is specifically formulated for use with veneers or cosmetic restorations. You can ask the team for their recommendations.
- Protect your veneers from hard, extreme temperatures, and sticky foods: Veneers can be damaged by hard and sticky foods, so it is important to avoid biting into hard objects such as ice or hard candies and to be cautious when eating sticky foods such as caramel or gum.
- Avoid grinding your teeth: teeth grinding (also known as bruxism) can put a lot of pressure on your veneers, causing them to become damaged or even to break. If you grind your teeth, it is important to work with your dentist to find a solution such as a nightguard or a jaw muscle exercises. If you have a history of grinding, let the dental care team know immediately.
What Should I Expect During my Veneers Appointment?
If you are considering veneers, it is important to know what to expect during the overall process.
The process of getting veneers typically involves two or more visits to the dentist. During the first visit, the dentist will assess your teeth and discuss your treatment options with you. If you decide to proceed with veneers, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth and use these impressions to create custom veneers.
Impressions and Preparation
Before the impressions are taken, your dentist at Mandarin Dentistry of Jacksonville, FL may need to prepare your teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from the front surface. This is done to ensure that the veneers fit properly and do not stick out from the rest of your teeth. The dentist will numb your teeth and gums with a local anesthetic before beginning this process, so you should not feel any pain or discomfort.
Once the impressions are taken, the dentist will send them to a dental laboratory where the veneers will be custom-made to fit your teeth. The process of creating veneers typically takes a few weeks, so you will need to return to the dentist at a later date to have the veneers replaced.
Temporary Insertion (optional)
During the second visit, the dentist will check the fit and color of the veneers and will make any necessary adjustments. Once the veneers are ready to be placed, the dentist will clean and dry your teeth and will apply a special adhesive to the front surface of your teeth. The veneers will then be carefully placed on your teeth and adjusted as necessary to ensure a comfortable fit.
After the imprinting process, your dentist will remove the temporary veneers (if any) and repeat the process with your permanent solution. At this time, the dentist and their knowledgeable team will provide you with everything you need to know to take care of your new veneers to keep you happy and smiling your best.
Your Local Quality Dental Care Team
Veneers are an extremely popular and practical choice for those looking to not only improve their appearance, but also their overall oral health. During your appointment with the team at Mandarin Dentistry of Jacksonville, FL you can be sure you are receiving the proper care and guidance that you and your family deserve.